Tuesday, January 15, 2013

GIRL CRUSH: Haim

I don't usually write about music (seeing as Call me Maybe is my 3rd most played song in Itunes--sidenote: no shame) but I felt it was necessary to make an exception for three sisters who sound like the love children to Stevie Nicks and John Waites and a look like the cover photo for the Coachella guide to style. Este, Danielle and Alana began their music career in the Von Trapps tradition by joining their parent's cover band, Rockinhaim. In 2006, the three sisters broke off and started their own band called Haim (as in, rhymes with time-- shocking, I know). Only 6 years old, the band has already opened for artists such as Mumford & Sons, Florence and the Machines and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and last March, preformed for the first time at South by South West. Watch out world, the time is Haim.

No comments:

Post a Comment