Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SWISS MISS

We all remember Heidi, the little swiss girl who ran around the Alps with her grandfather, not for her knack to befriend the casual goat who always happened to be next to her, or for her enormously puffed sleeved-- but FOR HER HAIR. I always admired her masterful ways at creating piles of braids atop her head, and ten years later, my favorite childhood book is being dug out of the bookshelf. Summer is HOT, and instead of cutting my glorious locks (you see, I have bangs now), I will instead resemble a swiss 6 year old and rock the braided 'do.

Screen shot 2011-06-08 at 7.11.44 PM

milk-maid-braids

nordicBraids

MissUnkon1112

If however, my braiding fails me, I will be forced to channel Alexander McQueen and fill my head with butterflies. (I JUST SAW THIS IN REAL LIFE. OHMYGOD. EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO HAS NOT SEEN THE ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SHOW AT THE MET AND IS ABLE MUST GO IMMEDIATELY.)

McQueen Butterfly

But actually, kudos to this guy who realized that perhaps the Met isn't keen on lending out crucial pieces to exhibits and actually filled his head with butterflies.
Screen shot 2011-05-25 at 6.41.37 PM

summer.summer.summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment